Monday, May 29, 2006

Post Basic

After another month of "Advanced" Basic where I learned about Bubble Sort and files, how to create, open, write to them, erase and close them I was feeling pretty good with myself. I was on my way to becoming Computer Savvy. The usual way to get more experienced was to write Inventory or Payroll programs and this was supposed to really get your hands dirty. The very popular Accounting program Peachtree was written in Basic and it looked really formidable so I decided I was going to do my own thing and write a program that was to give me a handle on the Numbers Game based on the Jai Alai Special LLave. Ten players sporting the numbers one through ten were going to play every night and the numbers of the top three finishers would determine who would win. Many people have gotten addicted to this game and reportedly a lot of money is to be won if one could just figure the right combinations.

I thought this would be a worthy project that would also have the added benefit that if I was able to make a program that could point me in the right direction of which numbers would be most likely to come out in the winning combination I would also be able to win some money. I had no idea how I was going to do this program but the prospect of a machine that could predict outcomes of number games was pretty exciting indeed.

Visit these links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cell Phone Deals
Pink Razr